Meanwhile it’s time for some fun and games, and a little competition with as a prize a brand new copy of Steve McQueen on 180g vinyl from the Music on Vinyl Label.
Read the instructions below very carefully: I’m using an automated email filtering system for this, and if you don’t follow the rules to the letter you won’t be included!
- Using your skill or luck, guess or estimate the total attendance for the UK part of the 2000 Prefab Sprout tour (NOT including the Dublin gigs or the Fleadh)
- Send an e-mail to the address below, with the subject line: “SPROUT2000” followed by the attendance number. So if you think the total attendance on the tour was 7000 people, your subject line should be SPROUT2000 7000. The winner of the competition will be whoever gets closest to the actual numbers, as recorded in the tour diary (kindly provided to me by John Birch, who is therefore excluded from the contest, sorry John..).
- In the body of the email, include a guess at which gig had the lowest attendance and which had the highest. You can get a list of gigs from the gigography which also identifies all the venues in case you want to do some research on the venues and capacities etc. This will be a tiebreaker if needed, but also I’m curious to know what people think.
- Also include your name if not obvious from the email address. You don’t need to include a mailing address, I’ll contact you if you win for details of where to send the prize.
- If you make a mistake and want to re-send, no problem, but only your last valid entry will be used.
- All entries to be received by Midnight BST April 13th 2015. Results announced as soon as possible after that.
- Winner will be identified by name in a blog post.
Rules are informal and at my absolute discretion. If you happen to have inside information, please be fair to others and don’t enter: if I feel there’s been any abuse with multiple email addresses or privileged knowledge I reserve the right to disqualify entrants without further correspondence. If there’s a big response I may well add some runners up prizes.